36 Bargates, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1QL - Telephone: 01425 273297
The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people who have reduced mental capacity.
This course is aimed anyone who works with patients or clients within a health and social care environment who may lack mental capacity.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
▪ Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Introduction to the Mental Capacity Act.
▪ Understand the five principles of the Act.
▪ How to assess capacity.
▪ How and when to act in the best Interest of the patient or client.
▪ Understand advance decisions and lasting power of attorney.
▪ Understand the role of the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA).
▪ The law regarding restraint.
▪ Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Price as per current Price List