The aim of this course is give learners the knowledge and skills required to carry out a workplace assessments on the staff administering medication in the workplace.
This course is aimed at managers, seniors and supervisors who are responsible for assessing the competency of staff to ensure that staff medication procedures are legally compliant, accurate and in accordance with company policy and procedure.
Learners are to undertake written assessment.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to administering medication.
- Understand the definition of competent staff.
- Understand CQC requirements including the administration of medication, the storage of disposal of medication and the importance of staff training and accurate record keeping.
- Carry out observations to assess competency.
- Understand the procedures to gain client consent & how to prepare an observation.
- Understand the occasions when to intervene.
- Recognise when infection prevention and control procedures are not being followed.
- Identify and record correct procedures.
- Recognise and deal with medication errors.
- Understand roles, responsibilities and company policy & procedures.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price as per current Price List