The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to assess and manage leg ulcers. This course is suitable for qualified nurses, managers and other healthcare professionals who are responsible for preventing and managing of leg ulcers in any health and social care setting.
Learners are to undertake practical assessment throughout the course.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- What is a leg ulcer and the underlying disease process.
- Describe the main causes of leg ulcers.
- Understand the circulatory systems and problems causing impaired venous and arterial circulation.
- Understand holistic assessment and treatment choice in the management of leg ulceration.
- Maintenance of healed ulcer and reduce risk of recurrence.
- Theory of compression therapy.
- Compression bandaging.
- Choice and application of graduated compression hosiery.
- Practical: leg ulcer assessment to include Doppler ultrasound.
- Optimum nutritional status for wound healing.
- Aspects of infection control relevant to wound care.
- To reduce risk of recurrence and maintenance of healed ulcers.
½ Day (3 Hours)
Number of Delegates
Price as per current price list